Your station stream may be included in the Public Radio Player if your station meets at least one of the following criteria:
- CPB qualified
- NPR member station
- APM affiliate
- PRI affiliate
- PRX paid station member
- National Federation of Community Broadcasters participating member
- Station Resource Group member station
Supported Streaming Formats
Please refer to Apple's Parsing Streaming Audio documentation for supported streaming formats.
Submit or edit your stream information
Please submit the following info:
- Station name: Exactly how the stream name will appear in the list on the Player. Max. 35 characters including spaces
- Station market: City or region
- Call letters & frequency: Max. 22 characters including spaces
- Web address: Mobile-friendly preferred. We link to this from the stream page in the app
- NPR Digital Services Composer feed URL: (optional) Displays your schedule
- Audio stream URL
- Stream bit rate
- Donation page URL: (optional) Mobile-friendly preferred. Allows listeners to tap a Donate button from your station’s page in the app and donate on your site
- News feed URL: (optional) Shows latest news from your station
- Name and title
- Email address
- Name of technical contact at your station (for your Internet stream)
- Phone and email of technical contact at your station (for your Internet stream)
- Which of the eligibility groups (see above) does your station belong to? (required)
You can send us the required information here.
Station Schedule Data
The Public Radio Player calls your station’s Internet stream, so you can use your existing analytics tools to measure use of your stream through the Player. PRX does not have access to usage data for your station’s stream.
The Public Radio Player has tens of thousands of active users per day. Being in the app can increase stream usage. It’s a good idea to check with your station’s technical contact before submitting your stream to us.