There are significant changes coming to The World as a result of PRX and WGBH concluding their co-production agreement with the BBC.
Beginning Monday, June 29, The World will no longer embed BBC newscasts within the show:
- The 5-minute BBC newscast at the top of the hour, beginning at 01:00, will be replaced with a music bed - ACTION REQUIRED: Stations will have to point their automation to NPR or BBC Newscasts (as supplied by APM)
- The two minute BBC newscast at the bottom of the hour will disappear, replaced by an increased length in Segment C - ACTION REQUIRED: Please adjust your automation systems to account for the clock change.
Clock changes will affect all live feeds of The World as well as the 1800 LWSFT files. Please see the new clock below (changes are bolded). An updated clock is available at the bottom of this article for download.
- 00:00 – 00:59 — Billboard
- 01:00 – 05:59 — Newscast Cutaway - Music bed
- 06:00 – 19:59 — Segment A (may include funders at beginning and end)
- 20:00 – 20:59 — Music-filled cutaway
- 21:00 – 29:29 — Segment B
- 29:30 – 29:59 — Music-filled cutaway
- 30:00 – 30:29 — Midway billboard
- 30:30– 48:59 — Segment C (may include funders at beginning and end)
- 49:00 – 49:59 — Music-filled cutaway
- 50:00 – 58:59 — Segment D (may include funders at beginning and end)
PLEASE NOTE THAT CUT IDs FOR LWSFT FILES WILL -NOT-CHANGE.
If you don’t have access to newscasts, APM and BBC have generously agreed to provide access to the BBC newscasts at no charge. Please contact Mark Evans at email@example.com for more information.
For questions about NPR newscasts please reach out to Gemma Hooley, GHooley@npr.org.
For technical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.