Trying to figure out how much ad inventory is available for a certain series? No problemo! PRX's Availability Search tool is here to make answering questions about ad inventory a breeze.
To ensure your search for available inventory is accurate and easy please ensure the following prerequisites are in place:
- You have a PRX account that has access to Dovetail Inventory
- The show has been set-up in Dovetail Inventory and includes the following:
Step 1 - Navigate into Dovetail Inventory and select Availability from the top menu.
Step 2 - Enter the timeframe you'd like to view available inventory for, and then select the corresponding Series, Zones, and any advanced targets you'd like to use to refine your search.
Please note - the inventory search tool is set to show only inventory for the United States as a default. If you'd like to include global inventory - please clear this target from your search before calculating.
Step 3 - Select Calculate
Watch as the availability appears before your very eyes!
Things to Keep in Mind
- All required variables must be entered to see results! The calculate button will only appear once the minimum requirements are met.
- When you select a Zone from the drop-down menu you are selecting an entire Ad Section that reflects a grouping of consecutive ad Zones into a single block. (Example: by selecting Preroll you are seeing results for both the Preroll1 and Preroll2 ad zones in the inventory column)
- You can only select one Series or Zone (Example: You can select either preroll, midroll, or postroll; not preroll & midroll) per search. We recommend opening multiple tabs in your browser so that you can easily move between and compare search results for different series or zones for a given time frame.
- The Forecasted Inventory column displays the total available inventory for the entire ad section selected. Any results under the Per Sponsor Available column reflects the availability per our best practice of one ad per sponsor - per download.
- Search results have no impact on current campaigns or flights for any given series, so change your selections as needed to see different results.
- Companion flights can not be looked up at this time. We suggest looking at the two zones you wish to target, and using the availability of the lower of two zones.
Useful terms mentioned in this article
|The number of impressions available for ad Zones to be sold into in the future.
|The inventory counts already reserved by a flight.
|The amount of unreserved inventory left in the system.
|Sell Through Rate %
|The percentage of available inventory that has been allocated.
|Per Sponsor Available
|The available inventory when reflecting one ad per sponsor per download