We're so happy you decided to post your story on PRX. Can't wait to hear it!
Steps for Creating a Story
Prepare thyself AND thy audio!
Your audio should be in the following format:
- MP2 file
- Sample rate: 44.1 kHz
- Bit rate: 128 kbps per channel.
- If you decide to create a mono MP2, it will be 128 kbps in total. But if you create a stereo (or joint stereo) MP2, the resulting file will be 256 kbps (128 kbps for each channel) in total.
- Stereo file (recommended)
Create a Story
- Login, head to My PRX and click Create New Piece.
Upload Your File
- At the top of the page you will see a gray browser. To upload your MP2 file, click browse and search for your file on your computer.
- Click upload.
Start filling out your Story
- You'll need a title, an interesting image and a short description. Read our tips on writing a good title.
- Fill out the rest of the information as best as you can. Stories that are filled out well look nicer and are more searchable, so spend a little time to fill out as much as you can. Click "Save and Continue" as you move through the tabs of information.
Select Your Pricing
- You can choose to offer your story for 0 points but we recommend you choose the default point price of 5 points/min. If your story is shorter or you'd like to charge more, you can double or triple your points. Read more about our payment policy.
- On the last tab of the piece create page, you'll see a preview of what your piece will look like. Above that, there will be a little gray button that says Publish. If everything looks swell to you, go ahead and click that little guy.
- Your story will now be published on PRX. Congrats, you did it!
- You successfully posted your story, but your work doesn't end there! Now you have to let the masses know. This is a great opportunity to email your piece out to friends, do some targeted marketing to program directors, and post your story on social media sites. Celebrate a little then read more about marketing your work.